Filename: core/Common.php

Line Number: 257

High School Hijinx - Main - Virtual Grape Gardens

High School Hijinx - Main

Currently: Opening Ceremony, August 24th
Kirbynite
The Jarl of Neo Grape Gardens

Ralzma
Rubi didn't even seem to notice the teacher hovering over her as she angrily -- yes, angrily -- managed to take out her notebook and pencil supplies. She would be the best student anyone ever did see! On the surface. This establishment wouldn't know what hit them once her curses were in the wild and her magicks were working.

"Bwahahaha~"
Grey
Grey
"Camera, cell phone, wallet..." James looked through his bags and pockets. He pressed his head further into his locker space, fishing through his backpack for pens, notebooks, supplies that he would need for his upcoming classes.

"Who even goes to class on the first day?" Smoothing some wrinkles out of his button-down shirt, James grimaced as he headed to homeroom. He clutched a freshly-minted hall pass in his hand. "Chief is really breakin' my balls here..."
Kirbynite

Only a handful of seconds had gone by before the bell went off, signalling the start of homeroom.

Davenport: Thank God.

The homeroom teacher walked to the front of the class and stood behind a podium. She leaned onto the podium and pointed to the white board behind her.

Davenport: In case ya'll haven't noticed, I'm your homeroom teacher, Lucielle Davenport. I hope ya'll enjoy your chosen seats, because you're stuck with it for the whole year.

She opened a folder on her podium and shifted around a few pages.

Davenport: Now, in case ya'll're new to this school, let me fill you in on a.. required school tradition. You'll have to introduce yourselves to the whole class. In every subject.

She then sighed.

Davenport: Every teacher has their own preference on how it works, but it'll usually be somethin' relevant to the subject. That meathead art teacher probably wants you to write out your name with macaroni and glue, or somethin'.

She pointed to herself.

Davenport: Me, though? I just want the usual introduction. Cut an' dry. Stand up. Say your name, maybe where you're from, maybe some aspiration or dream or somethin'. An' then sit down.

She then stood up straight as she pulled out a pen from within the podium.

Davenport: I don't really care what order ya'll go in. Just stand up whenever you want. If ya'll start to get cold feet, I'll just start choosin' you myself.
DigitalBasic
EEEEEH SUGOI DESU NE *flex muscles*
Lurenia waited for a bit. When nobody else took action, she jumped up excitedly to get things going.

Lurenia: The name's Lurenia Anore. I once had a dream I was a giant monster beating the crap out of everybody!

She flexed before she sat back down. After a brief chuckle to herself, she realized people might have not found her story as amusing as she did.

Lurenia: Well, she did say dream. I mean... sheesh.

Maybe that's not the best first impression she needed to make. She shrugged and crossed her arms, waiting for the next person to introduce themselves.
Tyty
Can you not understand the words that are commin' outta my mouth?
Teyla took the opportunity to be next!

Teyla: I'm Teyla Renee Erika Louise Marie Serena Esmerelda Katarina Edwina Kaiser Remilan the Third. And I'm awesome!

She thought for a moment, then shouted to the room with a big grin on her face.

Teyla: My dream is to be a magical girl beating the crap out of a big monster! Uh... But not you.

Yep. That does it. She sat down.

Really she just wants to be able to fly, but she thought that dream was too embarrassing.
Kirbynite

Kirby was amazed to see such enthusiastic responses. He felt a little pressure to speak up next, seeing as how those who had spoken were sitting behind him.

Kirby slowly got up to his feet.

Kirby: My name..

He cleared his throat.

Kirby: My name is Kirby Neo Nite. I'm.. er.. This is the first time I've been in a school my whole life.

A few heads turned.

Kirby: Er.. I've been living on a boat with my family, you see.. and.. um. Yeah. Er.. Aspiration.. Um.. I'd like to get along and make friends! Is.. is that good enough?

The homeroom teacher fought the urge to roll her eyes and simply nodded.

Davenport: Yeah, that's fine.

Kirby: Eh heh heh...

Kirby sat back down and stared at his desk. He wished he had more time to think. On the other hand, aspirations was not something he had every thought about. Nonetheless, he still hoped to make some new friends.
Shamdar
Shamdar stands up quickly, and his chair falls over backwards. Maybe that was a little too quick... Again, acting like nothing happened is the best course of action.

I'm Shamdar, and I want to have a normal school year.

He tries to upright his chair as quietly as possible, and manages to sit back down with a minimum of scraping and clattering.

So far, so good.
Reimu

... i forgiv luneria bcc she defeated me in fair confrontation vs theh demons of tem && i rly sholdn b rsentful 2 er @ all & its vry dshonorable on my part 4 i did not even ask she has ben chosen as such & i should be happy 4 it its not evn imprtnt

thats all.
*sits again*

((unfortunately, "normal" did not last even a post))
Kirbynite

The homeroom teacher's mouth was slightly agape in response to the student's... to whatever the student just did.

Davenport: ... Hold on.

However, one detail did not escape her.

Davenport: None of that sounded like a name.
Reimu
sry i ment "lurenia" i mispeld it

i tink "tem" may b a name 2 not sure
Kirbynite

Davenport: Your name, not someone else's.
Reimu

but i didnt say that?????????
Kirbynite

Davenport: ... So are we going to get you to say somethin', then?
Reimu
....but i alreday did say something?????
Kirbynite

Davenport: ... Alright, uh.. nevermind. We'll figure out your name by process of elimination at the end of all this. Next?
JDavis
あのマッドサイエンティスト!
JDavis stood up.

JDavis: My given name is Josh Davis, but nobody calls me that ever. Most people call me JDavis or JD. Those rare few of you who are not new to Candoridge probably remember me from last year...

As if on cue, a cricket somewhere in the classroom began chirping.

JDavis: Anyway, I'm just a regular guy. For hobbies or whatever, I like video games and I'm training in martial arts. That's about it.

JDavis sat back down and Guts stood up.

Guts: Name's Guts Light. Umm... I like... Karaoke? And food. ................. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Guts sat back down.
Tanks
Mac stood up, his seat thrown back, screeching behind him as he rose. Looking about the room he saw some strange, yet eager faces. The perfect audience. Clearing his throat he began:

Sing in me, Muse, and through me tell the story of that man skilled in all ways of contending, the wanderer, harried for minutes on end, after he left his home this morn to begin his first day of classes at Candoridge High!

Swinging his arms in emphasis he turned to the other side of the classroom.

He saw the townlands and learned the minds of many distant men, and weathered many bitter moments in his deep heart crossing sidewalks and fields alike, while he fought only to bring himself to school!

Mac again fixed his gaze upon another set of peers.

Sing to me of the man, Muse! The man of twists and turns driven time and again off course by the smell of freshly baked doughnuts or an unruly canine, only to, by some miracle, reach his destination in time to learn!

Finally, he turned frontwards, towards Miss Davenport, and beating his chest, he bellowed:

This man, by means of the great Muse who inspires me, is none other than I, Promachus!

Mac, his bearded chin and ceremonial lion beanie raised aloft with pride, paused for effect, then, with a small bow towards Miss Davenport, took his seat. As he settled back into his seat he realized he missed something. He threw himself back up with such force his desk and chair came with him.

O-OH AND ALSO-- I PREFER TO BE CALLED MAC!

Like a receding storm, he recomposed himself, replaced his desk and chair, and sat back down.
Reimu
a few seconds after quietly watching the performance, suddenly stands up again and looks at JDavis
i was here last year!!! i remember hearin that name b4

i was in the clas w/ the REAL #1 techer & not this 1 who keps aksing nosense questions

... but idk who you are
Kirbynite

Kirby and several other students were simply staring at Mac. Not many noticed the other student standing up, however, as they were still reeling over Mac's introduction.

One person who definitely noticed was the homeroom teacher. One of her eyes twitched for a moment.

Davenport: Can you sit down, please?
Quick Reply!