Severity: Notice

Message: Only variable references should be returned by reference

Filename: core/Common.php

Line Number: 257

Epoch Glide - Virtual Grape Gardens

Epoch Glide

A Shameless Chrono Trigger Parody
Tyty
Can you not understand the words that are commin' outta my mouth?
Teyla pointed to her bulky, steel and wire covered arm.

Teyla: Cause I have that on.
Ralzma
Beatrix sighed.

Beatrix: "Fine...."

She motioned for Teyla to start walking as she headed back to Truce. Maybe she could ask a bit more about who was on the investigation team. Maybe one of them could be more helpful.
Kirbynite
The Jarl of Neo Grape Gardens

And so, Teyla and Beatrix made their way back to Truce. There were several residences and stores to visit. The pub Beatrix had obtained information at earlier was still open.
Ralzma
Beatrix motioned to Teyla to go into the pub together before she stopped.

Beatrix: "Actually... let's try the weapon store real quick. To... you know, gather information."

She forgot herself temporarily as she moved over to the store and immediately started looking at the weapons, though she did at least try to get some information while she was browsing.

"Hey, did you hear about the queen?"

She motioned to the merchant.
Kirbynite

Merchant: Oh, yes. It is great to hear that the Queen has been found. Now we can focus on dealing with the war with the Fieldlord!

There did not seem to be any weapons that looked better than her current set of kunai.
Ralzma
Beatrix's smile deflated.

Beatrix: "Yeah, suppose so. Hey, if you see me out and about and you get new wares in, drag me inside your store."

She shrugged and left the weapon shop, huffing a bit. She was already feeling that this was going to be an impossible task. Maybe the bar would provide decent information. The only way to find out was to go in and sit at the bar again. And probably be made fun of.
Kirbynite

Fortunately for Beatrix, the patrons had mostly changed.

Unfortunately for her, there was one person that recognized her. She seemed shorter than Teyla and Beatrix, but spoke with a voice that was not of a child's.

Girl: Hey, there!

She placed a hand on Beatrix's shoulder.

Girl: I can't help but notice that you're looking a little lost there, friend.

There was a slight grin on the short, red haired girl's face.
Tyty
Teyla: Oh man. Totally didn't see her showing up.

She rolled her eyes.
Kirbynite

The girl pointed an over sized glove at Teyla.

Girl: I'll have you know my presence was thought up just a day ago. In any case, I'm trying to speak with this young lady here.
Ralzma
Beatrix jumps as someone suddenly touches her. She turns instantly and then pauses as she looks at the girl.

Beatrix: "Well, yes, I'm looking for someone who was originally looking for the queen."
Tyty
Teyla: Right. And I -don't- appear everywhere either.

Teyla turned her attention to something else, fiddling with some screws on the contraption hooked up to herself.
Kirbynite

Girl: Hah. Who wasn't looking for the queen? If you like, I can say I was looking for the queen, too. She would've gotten me a nice reward.

She then shot a look at Teyla, behind Beatrix.

Girl: Yeah, well, I wasn't in that one zombie story that didn't go anywhere. And also that ocean sailing one, too.
Tyty
Teyla: I'm not in the sailing one either. Or the zombie one.

She stopped.

Teyla: I'm sensing a pattern.
Ralzma
Beatrix: "Girls! You're not supposed to have a catfight that I can't rightly get involved in, stahpit!"

She huffed before catching herself.

"And... well, I mean, okay, just, totally hypoth...hypo...that one thing that's not quite true but it could be true. What if the queen isn't the real queen, but a pretender?"
Kirbynite

Girl: Hm...

She took a step back.

Girl: A pretender, huh?

She moved a thumb up next to her neck. She then quickly moved the thumb across the neck.

Girl: That pretender wouldn't have a chance once she was found out.
Ralzma
Beatrix: "Right, so, in this same situation, say I needed to find the -real- queen because I might know this pretender and don't want him -- I MEAN HER! -- to be found out."
Kirbynite

Girl: I dunno. I think my lips might be loosened if I were to suddenly have a drink purchased for me.
Ralzma
Beatrix frowned at the girl.

Beatrix: "Are you even old enough to drink?"
Kirbynite

Girl: What? Of course I am. I'm the same age as you.
Ralzma
Beatrix: "But I'm not old enough to drink!"
Quick Reply!