Line Number: 257

Epoch Glide - Virtual Grape Gardens

Epoch Glide

A Shameless Chrono Trigger Parody
Ralzma
Beatrix cheered.

Beatrix: "You did it! I knew you could fight!"
Tyty
Can you not understand the words that are commin' outta my mouth?
Catro: pssssst, you're supposed to pin me now.
Ralzma
Beatrix: "! Right!"

She hopped on top of Catro and pinned his shoulders to the ground with a proud smirk on her face.
Kirbynite
The Jarl of Neo Grape Gardens

Kirby: I.. What is happening now..?
Tyty
Catro: Hey kid, you're supposed to count. To 3.
Kirbynite

Kirby: Huh? I.. Uh.. Count? Like... One.. Two.. Three?
Tyty
*DING DING DING*

Announcer: AND WE HAVE OUR FIRST WINNER!
Kirbynite

Kirby: Eh?

He turned around. He could have sworn there was no one else in the area.
Ralzma
Beatrix hopped off the robot and cheered, raising her hands up and flashing two V hand signs.

Beatrix: "Yeah! Look at that!"

She snickered.

"Now what do I win?"
Tyty
The robot stood, and reached out a hand to shake Beatrix's

Catro: YOU'RE THE FIRST ONES TO BEAT THE CHAMP. CONGRATULATIONS, OH YEAH!!! YOU GET SILVER POINTS!

Yep! Silver points! Yay!
Ralzma
Beatrix happily shakes the robots hand and lets out another happy cheer before crossing her arms looking smug and proud.

Beatrix: "Okay! I feel accomplished for today! I think I might even be able to go home with this one! How many people can say they've beaten up a robot after all!?"
Kirbynite

Kirby: Did you say robot?

He looked up at the mechanical man. His eyes widened slightly.

Kirby: You mean.. an autonomous machine..?
Ralzma
Beatrix: "Right! I'm pretty sure Teyla made it. She's a genius."
Kirbynite

Kirby: Wow.

He continued to marvel over the robot.

Kirby: Oh! Uh..

He shook his head before turning to look at Beatrix.

Kirby: What was the next thing you wanted to see?
Ralzma
Beatrix: "I'm not sure! We can go to the plaza and see the races. There is probably an eating contest somewhere around here too. I'm sure there's a lot we can do. Don't you want to try anything since I picked? If not! Let's go to the plaza!"

She really just announced her intent while marching away.
Kirbynite

Kirby kept pace with Beatrix.

Kirby: Oh, I have not been to one of these festivals before, so I am not sure what there is to do! All I know is that there are things to eat, things to see, and things to play. If you suggest we go to the plaza, then, by all means, let us go.
Ralzma
Beatrix: "Then off we go!"

She "guided" Kirby back to the main plaza. She quickly interrupted herself as she spotted a weapon dealer and practically jumped for joy. She ran over to the wares and began peeking at each of the finely bladed weapons looking on with completely amazement.

"...I wonder how much a good set of kunai cost..."
Kirbynite

To her surprise, Beatrix found a set of bronze kunai to be within her budget. However, since she did not pick up her allowance from her mother, she would not have enough money to buy any other substantial item.

Kirby: Wow! They sure have all sorts of things for sale around here! Mmm.. I should buy something.. but what...
Ralzma
Beatrix was eyeing the silver kunai that was displayed so proudly on the shelf, but all she could get were the bronze ones. She sighed a little before tilting her head back. She was glad Kirby at least seemed excited. She grabbed the two weapons and moved to the vendor of the stall.

He seemed like an older man. Late forties at least. His hair was graying, and it showed mostly in his stubble that was a patch of white and brown hair. He was quite tall though, and it looked like he could dwarf most of the people out and about. An old sword and shield were on display behind him, but they didn't have a price tag. He smiled at Beatrix.

Stall Vendor: "Find what you were looking for?"

Beatrix: "Yeah, yeah, these will do. I was hoping to get the silver ones, but they're really expensive."

The man nodded before he looked up at Kirby. He caught a glint off the pendant and smiled.

Stall Vendor: "Tell you what, if you can convince the young lad to sell me that pendant, I'll throw in the silver kunai and his payment."

Beatrix frowned.

Beatrix: "I dunno... you can talk to him, but he seemed really attached to it. I really doubt he's going to sell it to you."

Stall Vendor: "Haha, you sound like my wife when she talked about my sword."

Beatrix: "Wh-What!? No! We're not dating or anything! Geeze! Don't go make things all weird!"

Beatrix grabbed the bronze kunai in a huff and turned away from the weird man.
Kirbynite

Kirby: Hm? Miss Beatrix, is something the matter?

He was minding his own business when he realized Beatrix had just turned away.
Quick Reply!