Severity: Notice

Message: Only variable references should be returned by reference

Filename: core/Common.php

Line Number: 257

Epoch Glide - Virtual Grape Gardens

Epoch Glide

A Shameless Chrono Trigger Parody
Ralzma
Beatrix: "Oh, and if you ever want to have tea in a more private setting Queen Alicia, I'd just absolutely jump at the chance!"

Her eyes practically had hearts in them and she struggled not to drool.
Grey
Grey
Torte, standing in the foyer of the great hall, bowed to Beatrix and Teyla.

"The passion and spirit of a warrior lays within you both. Without your help, I shudder to think what would have happened to our fair queen. I, as well as the kingdom, am indebted to you for your valor."

He knelt on one knee, his shell shifting up around his neck as he did.

"Thank you, thank you both!"
Tyty
Can you not understand the words that are commin' outta my mouth?
Teyla: Yo, no problem.

She grinned, not really soaking in the setting still.

Teyla: But if you weren't there, we totally wouldn't have been able to save her.
Kirbynite
The Jarl of Neo Grape Gardens

For a brief moment, it almost appeared as though as there was a twitch in one of the queen's eyes in response to Beatrix.

Kirby: O-Oh! I don--

He tried to think back to his history lessons, but he did not recall a fiend being freely allowed in the castle in the past. Especially not during the war.

Kirby: Erm, did you help out at the cathedral? Thank you so much, good sir!
Ralzma
Beatrix beamed at the queen. Totally innocent like.

"Well, let's get back to the present, right! Or, well, I guess now is technically the present because I said now. I think."
Grey
Grey
"Yes," Torte said. "Wherever your home is, it is best that you return."

The turtle brushed past them toward the castle's gates. "Your comments are kind, but I must take my leave as well. It is clear that I have much to learn if I am to be of service to my country."
Kirbynite

Queen Alicia: Torte..

It was difficult for her to focus on Torte with Beatrix was still present.

Lily: Present?

Kirby leaned towards Beatrix and whispered.

Kirby: It is imperative that we do not make such references in public. Yes, we should be going now. Farewell to you all.
Ralzma
Beatrix: "What? Why not?"
Kirbynite

Kirby was now gently pushing Beatrix towards the front doors.

Kirby: They do not know of our time... displacement. The less they know of this, the better it would be for our time.. place.
Ralzma
Beatrix was quite easily pushed! She stumbled forward as she was lectured on rules of space and time.

Beatrix: "But why! They should know there's a happy ending!"
Kirbynite

Kirby: We do not know how much our actions and words may affect our own time place.

He turned his head to look at Teyla.

Kirby: Please, you have to back me up on this.
Tyty
Can you not understand the words that are commin' outta my mouth?
Teyla: Indeed. I call it the chest effect.

She pushed up her glasses, before setting into a whisper.

Teyla: Any change we make in the past, will change our future, sprouting a new universe based around that change. On the other hand, things affected by this from the future that we have with us will not change, as they are from another universe that we are no longer a part of.

She pointed in the air.

Teyla: Suppose we open a chest in the future. We can then open it in the past as well, and keep the item from the future, as the future is now a separate universe. Now, suppose we open the chest first in the past, since we must stay in our universe, when we return to the future, the chest will already be open.

MULTIVERSES!
Ralzma
Beatrix: "But what if there's only one real time line and this is the only possibility because our actions made it so we would come back in time to make the actions that made us come back in time to begin with!"
Grey
Grey
"What are you all talking about?" Torte asked, clearly in earshot of the trio as they walked away from the palace. "Time lines? You went back in time to come here?"
Kirbynite

Kirby immediately froze upon hearing Torte's voice. He could almost feel the fabric of time crumbling around him.

Kirby: W-we are certainly not in a place where we belong. Not by choice... That is to say, I did not. They came to save me...

He paused before continuing.

Kirby: We are trying to make sure we return while causing the least amount of potential problems.
Grey
Grey
"Beings! Beings from the future! You must tell me!"

The turtle rushed toward Kirby, grabbing him by his tunic's sleeves. The masked, reptilian face conveyed, as best as a humanoid turtle could, desperation.

"I must know, is the safety of this kingdom guaranteed? The fiends, do my people rout them?"
Kirbynite

Kirby frowned. It was easy to answer the question about the war. However, the second question seemed to be conflicting for him to answer, however.

Kirby: Listen, good sir. Any news of the future, be it positive or negative, may have a detrimental effect on the course of history. You have seen what happened when I appeared: the knights stopped their search for the queen.
Grey
Grey
"I must know!" He said, his hands trembling. "Please, you must take me back with you! Surely, with my knowledge of the future, I could help turn the tide and regain my honor!"
Kirbynite

Kirby: Or you may cause history to change in the way you did not want it to because you had this knowledge.

Kirby continued to frown.

Kirby: Please, good sir.
Grey
Grey
"The secret to the future of this country, and you would let it slip away?" Torte said, his anger growing. "Are you mad? No... Not mad..."

"You!" He said to Kirby, his expression now changed for the worse. "Posing as the queen, yet you lived even as her life was threatened! If you truly are from the future, then as descendants of my people, your very existence would have ceased so long as she was in danger and history were set upon that path!"

Torte pushed Kirby away, raising his fists in rage. "You cannot possibly be from THIS kingdom's future! Your conspiracy ends here, ally of fiends!"
Quick Reply!