Severity: Notice

Message: Only variable references should be returned by reference

Filename: core/Common.php

Line Number: 257

Epoch Glide - Virtual Grape Gardens

Epoch Glide

A Shameless Chrono Trigger Parody
Ralzma
Beatrix stared in complete disbelief before she finally reconciled that she had just seen a turtle launch around like a wrestler. She jumped in place and started clapping her hands.

Beatrix: "Bravo! Bravissimo! That was so awesome!"

She ran toward the strange turtle guy and put out a hand.

"I have to shake your hand whoever you are!"
Grey
Grey
"A lady mustn't touch hands that bring violence." The turtle took a step back as Beatrix advanced. She was a good head taller than him, and he looked up at her contemplatively.

He closed his eyes for a moment before turning to the door that Teyla had opened.

"...'Torte' will do, for now. Who are you, so strangely-dressed? Do you seek the Queen?"
Ralzma
Beatrix looked at her own hands and furrowed her brow.

Beatrix: "I-I'm a fighter, I'll have you know! I was going to beat those naga had you not shown up!"

She caught herself.

"N-Not that I mind, of course, thank you so much."

She blushed slightly and shook her head, feeling a little embarrassed by her own clumsiness with words.

"That's the plan, Torte. I'm Beatrix, and that's Teyla."
Tyty
Can you not understand the words that are commin' outta my mouth?
Teyla: Hi. You're cool.
Grey
Grey
"Hmm. Well met, Miss Beatrix." Torte said, still facing the doorway. "Compliment graciously accepted, Miss Teyla."

He eyed the hidden doorway for activity. "I suspected that not all was right with the Queen's return. It is troubling to know that my concerns are founded." Once he was sure the coast was clear, he continued through the archway. "If you are prepared to attack this facility, feel free to join my assault. But if your heart wavers, I encourage you to stay behind."
Ralzma
Beatrix: "My heart does nothing but burn with the desire to see the queen!"

There was an awkward pause as she seemed to forget herself.

"T-To return! I mean!"
Tyty
Teyla: My heart does nothing but burn in general.

She pointed to the wires coming out of her chest.

Teyla: This is actually quite painful haha.
Kirbynite
The Jarl of Neo Grape Gardens

The path through the archway led to what appeared to be a hallway lit by candles on the wall. There were no windows to be seen, and two other doorways. One of the doorways was across from the archway the group was entering, and the other was far down the hall.

There appeared to be no one in the hall other than themselves.
Ralzma
Beatrix led. Of course she did! She was rash and immature, she ran into the hall with both her kunai and looked for anything and everything, prepared to throw one as she kept moving.
Kirbynite

However, she saw the same thing Torte had seen. There was no one else in that hallway except for themselves.

On the other hand, there was some sound coming from the two doorways on both ends of the hall.
Tyty
Teyla: I hear sound coming from the two doorways on both ends of the hall.

Good job Teyla. She had an odd smile on her face.

Teyla: There's probably more naga behind them.
Ralzma
Beatrix looks over at Teyla and recognized the look instantly. She couldn't help but snicker.
Kirbynite

The area behind the wall continued to be unknown to be unknown because no one has gone to inspect it.
Ralzma
As if annoyed by some GM, she marched right through the doors.
Kirbynite

After stepping through the doorway, Beatrix saw a two creatures further down. The creatures had white fur, black bat-like wings, forlorn looking eyes, and a sort of beak-like mouth. The creatures both were on the floor, washing the floor with rags.

Gargoyle: The vast amount of dirt and grime fills me with both sadness and a quiet rage. My stomach ceaselessly churns as I occasionally spot a build up of filth on the hairs of my hands.

Gargoyle 2: I would much rather be snatching another unknowing human. I understand it is our turn, but it is much too difficult to shake off this dreadful feeling. This feeling as though if fate had dealt us a cruel, malevolent hand.
Ralzma
Beatrix took a few steps toward the gargoyles, listening to their words and slowly shaking her head. She was sure she could think up a witty way to interject, but as she neared them, she stopped and just sort of stared blankly. Nothing was coming to mind.
Kirbynite

Upon noticing Beatrix's presence, the gargoyles turned their heads to face the intruder, and froze.

Gargoyles: ...

Their eyes were locked onto Beatrix's feet.

Gargoyle: I had been working very hard at the task I had been unfairly assigned when I heard an intruder.

Gargoyle 2: I was transfixed. The filth that was tracked upon the very ground we had worked so hard... The mere sight of the ground being desecrated was nearly overwhelming.

Gargoyle: My heart was introduced to terrible feeling. My heart was filled with sorrow.

The gargoyles stood up, and threw their wash rags onto the floor. They then held up their arms up to their chests and clenched their fists.

Gargoyle: Mustering all the resolve I have, I begin to engage the intruders.

Gargoyle 2: The victory will be savory, but our hearts will remain pained with sorrow.
Tyty
Teyla: I don't like these guys quite as much.
Ralzma
Beatrix: "You two are freaks!"

She took a step back before pausing and looking at the space she had just occupied. Her shoes had apparently gotten quite muddy. She paused and put her hands up.

"S-Sorry!"
Kirbynite

Gargoyle: An intruder ruins the hard work put into the floor, insults the workers, and dares to beg for forgiveness.

Gargoyle 2: Forgiveness cannot be given until the intruders' blood has been splattered over the filth they had brought in. And even still, it will not heal the pain in my heart.

The gargoyles both lunged towards Beatrix and company.
Quick Reply!